Monday 11 January 2016

Lifestyle Changes in the New Year

New year New you

Not for me

Id like to think I made the lifestyle changes I needed last year so 2016 for me is about maintaining that level of eating healthy and plenty of exercise and enjoying it too.

I'm in the gym, running, boxing or walking at least 5 days a week and I'm happy with that it keeps my weight maintained and I can still eat what I want when I want and I don't feel guilty. I enjoy the social side of it too and having friends doing the same is key to the motivation.

I have started college this term and I've been doing an extra boxing class but not as much weights in the gym and I can tell. My body feels a tad wobblier for missing the gym. However I am in the best shape I have ever been in and I understand now how whatever size you are you can still feel fat and really 'fat' isn't the right word its the toning of your body that makes you feel this way. This is why I love lifting weights so much because my body feels much leaner and I can eat a massive Christmas dinner and desserts and starters and chocolates and champagne and still bust a six pack out over all that food.

Its taken me 6 months to be able to be happy with the lifestyle but it as totally paid off.

I started my fitness journey in May 2015 I did start running before that though. It took about 3 months before I saw an outcome of hitting the gym every day and lifting but it came. You have to persevere and do it only for yourself not anybody else.

I don't use any protein powders or any gimmicky items they sell nowadays because that's all it is a gimmick. There are natural alternatives to it all and I believe there just a placebo to people.

Anyone can do it you just have to put the time in and change your routine for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment