Monday 29 February 2016

Half marathon training

I love the stages i go through on a long run I don't know if everyone goes through the same!!

Yesterday I did my longest run yet 11 miles and I am crippled today! I've been running for over a year now but my longest run to date was 8 miles. 

I'm 6 weeks away from my first half marathon in Sheffield and knew I needed to up my game as training hasn't been going as well I liked. 

I got up yesterday with intention of running 8-9 miles but I smashed that thank fully but can no longer walk and I ache all over!! 

I finished my run and walked up the street home, texted the hubby to get the bath running and entered the house poured a glass of water opened a bag of midget gems and sat on the kitchen floor in pure agony!! I'm not out of shape I'm active 5/6 times per week so I'm not unfit but it was testing if you can call it anything. 

Mile one - Oooh it's cold
Mile two - maybe I'll just do 4 miles 
Mile three - hit a hill and smashed it
Mile 4 - I'm half way there I can so do this
Mile 5 - I'm forest gump I can run forever 
Mile 6 - god could I turn around and run home right now to make it twelve miles 
Mile 7 - my abs hurt shall I stop at that house for a drink and a toilet break
Mile 8 - I'm gonna go the long way home cos I'm feeling good
Mile 9- why did I do this to myself my feet are blistering 
Mile 10 - I'm gonna call home and get picked up 
Mile 11 - u fucking idiot what are you doing 
0.2 miles - The walk home I looked like I'd shit my pants 

The mental thought process of running alone makes me laugh I go through so many stages of how I need to go home or how I feel amazing and could run forever - I'm well proud I did this it's a great achievement for me. The way to do it is be so far away from home the only thing you can do is run home and finish the race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment