Sunday 7 February 2016

Guilt free caramel sauce using 2 ingredients

It's took me thirty years to try a date. I don't think I've ever eaten one in my whole life until yesterday.

 Couple of months ago I came across the energy ball recipe so bought some dates to try and was amazed at how nice they were and such a good replacement for sugar and chocolate. I make batches of energy balls every couple of week and the recipe is somewhere on my blog. 

So yesterday I was making my balls 😳 and I just ate a date whole and it was yum!! Where have I been living all this time!!  I started searching other date recipes and came acros the caramel sauce. 

So checking I had the 2 ingredients it required I have it a whirl!! 


16 pitted dates 
Half a cup of almond milk 
That's it!!


So I blended up the dates which just became a sticky mess then added a bit of milk then whizzed it again before adding a bit more milk and so on until I got the consistency that I wanted 


The end result!! It's amazing!! U can also add vanilla or a sprinkle of sea salt which I'll defo try next time but give it a whizz you'll be suprised!! 

Even my daughter ate we had ginger cake and ice cream with this dribbled over it and she never guessed!! 🙌🏽


No comments:

Post a Comment