Thursday 11 February 2016

Homemade granola recipe

Today I had a pop at making some home made granola 



With lent starting I have to give up my annual choice of chocolate and biscuits these things are my worst enemy!! To avoid failing this I make batches of flapjack and energy balls to give me something to munch when I'm craving something. 

I've gotten a little bored of my healthy version of flapjack so decided to try something else to snack on as well as try for breakfast ideas etc

The recipe and method of my choice was adapted from deliciously Ella without the weighing!! 

A handful of pecans (or any nut u desire)
A smaller handful of almonds

Pulse these together in a blender
Then Add 
a handful of seed mix - pumpkin and sunflower I used 
Handful of oats 
A Sprinkle of flaxseed 

Then melt in a pan few teaspoons of honey a good spoon of coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon 

The syrup is then poured over the granola mix and mixed together. 

Spread out on a baking tray before walking in the oven on gas mark 4 for 45 mins continually mixing up every 5-10 min to stop any burning 

Once finished and cooled add a hand full of raisins then store in an airtight tin 



Muchos Gracias
It's proper beaut




No comments:

Post a Comment